This is part 2 of a two-part course. You are encouraged to view both parts for a complete picture, but it is not necessary. This course provides participants with an overview of standards, laws and recent developments in the areas of corporate reporting, risk management, controls, and compliance. Dr. Ray Thompson discusses emerging trends and issues. Other topics covered include issues faced by public and private companies and the CPAs who provide a range of services to them.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the impact and ties that financial statements create in the relationship with creditors.
- Understand how to implement the FASB new guidance on Lease Accounting (ASU 2016), evaluate software for leases and identify tax implications.
- Summarize EBITDA
- Cite cyber security regulatory and reporting issues
- Demonstrate cyber insurance should equal the cost of coverage and range of services provided by applying elements of insurance risk analysis and other elements.
- Identify PCIDSS compliancy for processing credit card payments and compliance with HIPPA laws.
- Explain characteristics, qualities, education and certifications attained by competent CFO's.
Back to top