Our current administration was put in place to enact a radically different economic agenda. This disruption has opened up opportunities while forcing companies to confront significant volatility in many aspects of their operations. This course provides participants with an overview of recent developments in the areas of corporate reporting, risk management, controls, and compliance. Coverage will be updated throughout the year to reflect emerging trends and issues. Other topics covered include issues faced by public and private companies and the CPAs who serve them.
Note: Content will be geared to the interests of the audience (public vs. non-public companies, CPAs in industry and public practice)
- Economic and business outlook for 2020 and 2021
- Challenges and opportunities for public, tech, and private companies
- Regulatory update: SEC, PCAOB, AICPA, etc.
- Data breaches and privacy: implications for CFOs
- Cybersecurity: regulatory and reporting developments
- Is there a crisis in financing small and start-up businesses?
- Date analytics: what is it? Who is using and with what success?
- The controller of the future
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how tax cuts, deregulation, and trade strategy have reshaped our economy
- Evaluate the opportunities and risks for companies over the next 12-18 months
- Identify how increased financial market volatility and regulatory risk will challenge CFOs and their companies
- List the major threats to continued US economic expansion
- Understand how the race to 5G will affect our US global competitiveness
- List PCAOB and SEC's concerns with the current state of financial reporting
- Identify current accounting standards for reporting and disclosing data breaches and vulnerabilities
- Explain how recently enacted privacy rules will affect companies’ compliance and disclosure obligations
- Explain how data analytics are reshaping company strategies and the role of finance in the digital transformation of our economy
Back to top