The most common items on expense reports today are charges for Uber rides. Has your travel policy been updated to accommodate these and other employee travel charges? Assuming your employees' common sense eliminates the need for a detailed travel and entertainment expense reimbursement policy can get your organization in trouble on two fronts: First, there will be employees with varying ideas of what is a reasonable company expense. Second, the company could run afoul of the IRS by endangering the accountable plan status. In this course, you'll learn to create a plan that protects the organization while providing reasonable travel and entertainment accommodations for employees.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Specify a strong travel and entertainment policy
- Identify issues missing from your current travel and entertainment policy
- Recognize all issues that should be included in a suitable corporate travel policy
- Create an appropriate auditing process of employee expense reports
- Update your existing travel and entertainment policy
Back to top