Creating reports is an essential skill for the controller - the quality and content of your reports is one of the benchmarks by which the accounting department will be judged. This course covers the preparation of financial statements, management reports, public company financial reporting, and closing the books. Each section walks you through the necessary steps to create accurate, reliable, informative reports, outlining streamlined processes to save you time and effort. You'll hone the skills needed to achieve this necessary task effectively and efficiently.
This course covers material also contained in The New Controller Guidebook.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize terminology, steps, and key issues associated with the process of closing the books and issuing financial statements.
- Identify the different types of financial statements and the information reported on them.
- Recognize how to classify assets on the balance sheet.
- Recognize characteristics, terms, and the methods of presentation associated with the statement of cash flows and statement of retained earnings.
- Recognize the reporting requirements and issues associated with interim period information.
- Recognize the responsible parties, tests, and key reporting requirements for segment reporting.
- Identify the elements in the calculation of earnings per share.
- Recognize the closing process and reporting requirements for public company reports.
- Recognize the types and associated line items of management reports.
- Identify the elements of a variance reporting system its associated issues.
- Calculate the selling price variance.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top