Companies rely on the controller to be able to bill, collect, and reconcile accounts in a timely, accurate manner. Any breakdown in these systems can lead to cash shortages, delayed payments, angry vendors, and unpaid accounts. To ensure that your accounting department runs efficiently, you need controls and processes that streamline each of these functions. In Controller's Role in Cash, Credit, and Collections, Steven Bragg walks you through the challenges that you face in executing these tasks, helping you to lay out a plan to effectively control the flow of cash and credit within your business. You'll learn about basic cash management issues, cash forecasting, petty cash, reconciliation, credits and collections, accounting for bad debt, invoicing, billing, and much more. In the end, this course will assist you in grasping one of the most important aspects of the controller's job - maintaining systems that keep a healthy flow of cash and prompt collections.
This course covers material also contained in The New Controller Guidebook.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the function of a bank statement, the process of reconciling cash, and the related issues that continually arise as a part of the bank reconciliation.
- Recognize the characteristics of and accounting for petty cash.
- Recognize the accounting for negative cash on the balance sheet.
- Identify common controls to manage cash assets.
- Recognize ways to measure receivables and adjust credit rules to reduce risk.
- Identify various credit terms and cash acceleration techniques.
- Recognize the purpose and methods for estimating the allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Recognize the process for creating and issuing customer invoices and how to account for them.
- Identify the key types of billing controls.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top