The potential for conflict exists across all organizations. There may be differing opinions about how to run a project, which employee should be promoted, or whether an investment should be made. If not handled properly, these conflicts can stop all productive work within a business. There are also significant costs in the form of employee turnover, lost customers, legal fees, and damage to an organization’s reputation. Conflict Management discusses the various causes of conflict, the ramifications of not dealing with it in a timely manner, and the various techniques for managing it, including how to resolve specific conflict situations and the use of dispute resolution systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the effects of a conflict spiral.
- Note when it is possible to ignore a conflict, as well as the negative effects of doing so.
- Recognize when conflict-related turnover is most likely to occur.
- Note the situations in which a conflict may not be triggered by individuals.
- Describe the styles people use when they engage in conflict.
- Cite the conflict styles of different types of companies.
- Recognize the arguments on both sides of delaying a conflict discussion.
- Describe the means by which a tense situation can be deflated.
- Recognize the objectives behind asking questions.
- Note the benefits and problems associated with various conversational gambits.
- Describe the means available for dealing with angry employees.
- Cite the indicators of and ways to prevent bullying.
- Recognize the circumstances in which e-mail conflicts can be either dealt with or ignored.
- Describe the possible outcomes of a business partner conflict.
- Recognize the different sources of conflict on a project.
- Note the process flow for resolving a conflict related to a project.
- Describe the screening criteria for managers.
- Note how the negative effects of the rumor mill can be mitigated.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top