Computer fraud is an increasing problem throughout the world. With technology expanding at rapid speed, hackers, fraudsters, and even foreign governments have found ways to exploit this technology for their gain. This has created the need for improved internal controls and technology designed to keep computer crooks at bay. This course will teach you the most common techniques that criminals use to attack your organization electronically, giving you tools and techniques to combat this growing threat. Protecting your financial affairs and intellectual property is essential - and this course will teach you everything you need to know to ensure your safety.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the reasons why organizations fail to adequately protect data and identify natural and political disasters, software errors and equipment, malfunctions, unintentional acts, and intentional acts of fraud and abuse.
- Cite the most common types of fraud and analyze the components of the fraud triangle.
- Identify computer fraud, current trends in computer fraud, and classifications of computer fraud using the data processing model.
- Recognize the common techniques used to commit computer fraud.
- Recall the various social engineering tricks used to commit computer fraud.
- Cite the various types of malware attacks.
- Identify how internal controls increase the difficulty for committing fraud and the features of the three control frameworks that help companies to develop their internal control systems.
- Cite specific ways for an organization to mitigate fraud and implement methods that will reduce or recover fraud losses.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top