Workplace coaching and mentoring are valuable tools that can improve employee performance, job satisfaction, communication, conflict resolution, and motivation. This course demonstrates how coaching mentoring, and training can help uphold firm values, while fostering business development and leadership. You'll learn about implementing a mentoring process, how to adapt mentoring and training based on personality style, how to build relationships using the DISC profile, and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the four steps to learning and the differences between teaching, coaching, and mentoring.
- Recognize the critical factors and programs that help people develop professionally and within an organization.
- Recognize the qualifications, responsibilities, and functions of a mentor and a mentee.
- Identify attributes of professionalism and factors to consider when selecting a mentor or identifying a mentee.
- Identify goals of an initial meeting between the mentor and mentee.
- Recognize the various steps in the mentoring process and their subsequent objectives.
- Recognize the function of a behavioral assessment and the information this assessment provides to help build a relationship between the mentor and mentee.
- Identify the personality attributes, tendencies, and overextensions of the behavioral types listed in a DISC behavioral assessment.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top