An organization needs to provide coaching and mentoring to its employees in order to improve their overall productivity and creativity. Without such attention, the management team will find that junior employees are more likely to be dependent on senior or experienced employees, which makes it difficult to improve and grow the business. Coaching and Mentoring discusses how to engage in the coaching and mentoring of employees in order to maximize results. Topics covered include coaching models, the types of questions to use, how to issue feedback, session preparation, the different types of mentoring arrangements, and more.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the improvement areas targeted by coaching.
- Note the difference between teaching and coaching.
- Recognize those situations in which coaching may not be accepted within an organization.
- Recall the contents of a coaching session.
- Note the differences between open and closed questions.
- Identify the methods used to deal with silent employees.
- Recognize the characteristics of successful executive coaches.
- Recall the different types of mistakes that a coach can make during a coaching session.
- Identify the tools that an efficient and effective coach may use.
- Note the ground rules for a mentoring relationship.
- Recognize the contents of a mentoring work plan.
- Recall the circumstances under which a mentoring arrangement should be terminated.
- Note the indicators of a good potential mentee.
- Identify the behaviors of poor mentees.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top