Tax planning for charitable giving is essential in helping your clients realize the greatest tax benefits from their donations. Join Steven Siegel, an expert in estate and tax planning, as he provides a review of exclusions from transfer taxation, analysis into the characteristics of charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts, and insight into recent changes in the law of exclusions from transfer taxation. You'll come away from this course with a toolkit of strategies on how to advise your clients in charitable giving while providing excellent tax-saving opportunities.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the factors affecting charitable giving and the resulting tax benefits (income, gift, estate, and generation-skipping taxes) in order to utilize strategies which will meet both charitable goals and tax savings goals.
- Cite various trusts and other tax planning tools available for use in charitable and tax planning when preparing an estate plan and list their characteristics.
- Recognize the applicable IRS Code regulations governing the amounts and timing of charitable deductions for income, estate, and gift tax and perform the calculations of such deductions.
- Identify various income and tax reporting requirements for noncharitable beneficiaries of CRTs.
- Cite characteristics and uses of charitable lead trusts.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top