Both dealing with change and the impact of change are high priorities for all organizations. This course is designed to assist you in conducting major change initiatives. It focuses on the many pitfalls that can cause failure, as well as the best change management process for improving the odds of success. The course also notes the characteristics of the person who should lead a change initiative and how to deal with the conflicts that are frequently triggered by a major change.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the situations in which change initiatives may and may not be needed
- Recognize how a manager decides which change initiatives to pursue
- Recognize the characteristics of an environment in which a change initiative is difficult to operate
- Recall the circumstances under which a project has been properly structured to succeed
- Recognize how consultants should be used in a change initiative
- Identify the reasons why a business may be mired in complacency
- Identify approaches to deal with uncertainty and significant problems
- Recall the issues for which a prospective vision statement should be tested
- Identify the methods used to keep a change from reverting back to the previous state
- Note the reasons why the results garnered from a change initiative may backslide
- Recognize the differences between a leader and a manager
- Note the different types of change agents
- Identify the different methods used to deal with conflict
- Note the circumstances under which evolutionary change works best
- Recall the types of positions needed to support a transformational effort
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top