Insurance is designed for events that are infrequent and high-loss. If events are too frequent, the cost of insurance coverage will be too expensive. If an event has small losses, there is no point in obtaining insurance coverage, since self-insurance is less expensive. Thus, insurance is intended for a very specific set of situations. In Business Insurance Fundamentals, Steven M. Bragg provides an overview of the insurance industry, including the operations and distribution systems of insurers. The course also notes the more common insurance policy terms and conditions, the types of insurance most applicable to businesses, and how to manage and account for insurance. There is a particular emphasis on managing the cost of insurance.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the types of insurance offered by insurers.
- Identify the classifications of sellers of insurance products.
- Note the measurements used to judge the performance of insurers.
- Cite the conditions needed for a risk to be insurable.
- Identify the reasons for the different clauses used in an insurance contract.
- Note the benefits and problems associated with each type of insurance.
- Identify the differences between the various types of life insurance.
- Identify the methods used to reduce the cost of insurance.
- Note the circumstances under which self-funded insurance might be successful.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top