Financial and operational reporting continues to consume too much time because most accounting and financial professionals are not taking advantage of the modern tools available in Excel. These tools can help you produce better quality reports in far less time than many of the traditional reporting processes you may be using today and, in this session, you will learn how to put these tools to work the right way for better results.
In this course you will learn the best practices for creating financial and operational reports. You will also learn how you can use tools such as Data Models, Power Query, Power Pivot, and PivotTables to create and publish effective financial and operational reports from Excel. Finally, you will also learn how you can leverage your knowledge of Excel features to create effective reports using Microsoft’s free Power BI application. In sum, if you create financial and operational reports, you can’t afford to miss this session.
- Best practices for Excel-based financial and operational reporting
- Creating and managing Data Models using multiple techniques and tools
- Using Power Query to link data into Excel and transform the data to make it more useful
- Create PivotTables to summarize transactional data into financial and operational reports
- Build fundamental financial and operational reports using Power BI Desktop
*This course is “laptop-friendly” and participants will have access to demonstration files. This course focuses on features found in Excel 2016 and newer for Windows.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List best practices for Excel-based financial and operational reporting
- Define and create Data Models in Excel
- Manage Data Models effectively with Power Pivot by adding features such as KPIs
- Utilize tools such as Power Query to link accounting transactions into Excel and apply critical transformations to your data to make it more useful
- Summarize the data in your Data Models using both PivotTables and formula-based techniques
- Work with Power BI Desktop to create and publish financial and operational reports
Back to top