Course DescriptionThis course provides a complete strategy for improving month-end closing and lends practical insight into common financial reporting problems and solutions. You'll learn how to optimize the close process by selecting appropriate technology for process management, addressing timing issues, eliminating waste, collecting accurate data conducting a needs analysis, using a continuous improvement approach, and implementing other best practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve month-end closings.
- Cite the processes that can be used to improve month-end closings.
- Identify five challenges to improving the close.
- Define an optimized close.
- List the top priorities of an efficient close and identify how they relate to the speed of the close.
- Identify the core close and cite why it is referred to as the 'last mile.'
Back to top