This course discusses the different theories of how people deal with ethical dilemmas and goes on to cover a number of issues that can impact these decisions. Examples of these issues are contextual factors, the ethical infrastructure of a business, the role of leaders, and employee interactions with management. The course also addresses the fraud triangle, fraud addiction, whistleblowing, and several similar topics.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the categories of ethical positions that a person may hold.
- Note the different types of core virtues.
- Recognize the different types of ethical weaknesses in a business environment.
- Recall the impact on ethics of the different types of organizational structures.
- Note the theories associated with catching improper employee behavior.
- Identify the components of a fair decision making process.
- Recall the characteristics of a leader who is more likely to be followed by employees.
- Identify phrases that may be considered euphemisms.
- Note the effects of blanketing an organization with too many rules.
- Recall some of the rationalizations used when someone commits fraud.
Table of Contents
Setting the Baseline
The Normative Approach
The Intuitive Approach
The Descriptive Approach
Dislike of Managers
Social Bonding Effects
Punishment of Unethical Behavior
Letting off Steam
Fairness of the Decision Making Process
The Role of Leaders
The Effect of Unethical Leaders
Signs of an Unethical Leader
Employee Interaction with Management
Why Employees Violate Their Own Ethical Standards
The Crowding-Out Effect
The Waterbed Effect
Lying during Negotiations
Review Question Answers and Rationales
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top