This course will get you up-to-date on the latest changes from the AICPA, PCAOB, and GAO, as well as changes in general auditing and auditing standards, SSARs, SSAEs, and ethics. The materials provide a detailed discussion on how various standard-setting bodies are updating their standards to converge with international standards. A clear, straightforward style makes this course easy to understand and its structure makes it an excellent reference. Anyone involved in auditing, from the first-year auditor to the seasoned professional, can learn something from this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify changes occurring in AICPA professional standards
- Identify the guidance provided in SAS No. 130, 131, 132, and 133
- Cite proposed changes to AICPA auditing standards in outstanding exposure drafts
- Identify the requirements of SSAE No. 18, including its application to attestation engagements
- Identify the recodification of Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS) resulting from the issuance of SSARS No. 21, noting the applicable scope, objectives, definitions, requirements, engagement letter, and application of the sections
- Identify the requirements of SSARS No. 22 Compilation Of Prospective Financial Information.
- Identify the requirements of SSARS No. 23 Omnibus Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services–2016.
- Identify the use and application of the reorganized PCAOB Auditing Standards
- Cite the application of PCAOB Auditing Standards issued in the period from January 2016 to July 2017
- Identify proposed PCAOB Auditing Standards issued in the period from January 2016 to July 2017
- Identify the components and usage of the restructured AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Identify the recent proposed interpretations to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top