Arrays are a powerful Excel tool that can help you consolidate multiple steps, thereby simplifying and streamlining many Excel functions. This course was first developed for Excel 2007 and earlier versions where array formulas were necessary to perform operations such as summing data with multiple criteria, averaging data with multiple criteria, summing data ignoring errors and multiplying arrays. As Excel evolved, functions such as SUMIF, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIF, AVERAGEIFS, AGGREGATE, and SUMPRODUCT were developed to accomplish these tasks.
This straightforward and practical course walks you through each process with step-by-step instructions, explaining how arrays allow you to perform mathematical operations, find data, transpose numbers, match information, and quantify duplicates as well as quantifying and ignoring errors in data. The materials also detail using the Excel functions SUMPRODUCT and INDEX combined with MATCH and AGGREGATE. This course is certain to increase your efficiency and productivity in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the components of array formulas and how to use them in mathematical operations
- Recognize the requirements of a defined range name, noting valid defined names
- Identify the syntax and components of the MATCH function, noting its usage in comparing lists
- Note the proper syntax and usage of ISNA and ISERROR to ignore and quantify errors in data
- Recognize the syntax of COUNTIF, noting its use as an array function to identify duplicates in data
- Identify the components of the SUM and SUMPRODUCT functions, noting the syntax and usage when multiplying arrays
- Recognize the elements of the combined INDEX and MATCH function, noting its use as a tool to insert information or match two lists
- Identify the requirements and uses of the AGGREGATE function
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top