This course emphasizes the prevalence of negotiations in our professional and personal lives, while introducing the rampant plague of 'negotiaphobia.' Negotiaphobia is not something we simply have to live with and work around; instead, it is something we can work through and treat. In this course, authors Don Hutson and George Lucas provide a simple three-step treatment process that can help you enhance your negotiation skills and confidence. In addition, this course gives you hands-on tools to facilitate cooperation and collaboration while showing you how to match various negotiation strategies to specific situations. Finally, you will learn why concessions are more effective than one-sided accommodations. This course will provide you with practical and effective strategies for reaching agreements in a flexible and creative way.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of negotiations.
- Recall the nature of negotiations and why people experience 'negotiaphobia.'
- Identify the EASY one-minute drill to help with negotiation skills.
- Cite the limitations of compromise and know when to use it.
- Recall the four viable negotiation strategies and when they should be used.
- Identify the positive aspects of a proactive strategy, discuss how to use leverage in a negotiation, and build the knowledge aspect of this dynamic.
- Recognize how to properly select the best negotiation strategy based on the situation at hand and how to improve capabilities in the aspects of competition and collaboration.
- Cite how to build a negotiation position around the three levels that should be used in planning for any issue and differentiate between when an accommodation is made and when concessions are taking place.
- Recognize the three categories of negotiation chips and how they can be utilized by both sides in a negotiation.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top