Select a Webcast
Note: All dates and times displayed below are in Eastern Time.
Although the IRS audits about 1.1 million taxpayers each year, the vast majority are correspondence audits. During this course, instructor Robert McKenzie will cover the minority of audits where the IRS personally contacts taxpayers and asks to conduct exams at their homes or businesses. Topics covered in this class discuss the following: IRS audit selection techniques, current examination priorities and issues, the use of Audit Technique Guides in the exam process, limit issue focus exams, the practitioner role in the field exam process, an protecting your client's rights during an exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify IRS audit selection techniques
- Recognize how to become a stronger advocate for your client
- Cite different types of audit exams
- Identify your role as a practitioner in field exams
- Recall techniques and sources related to Audit Technique Guides
Back to top