This fundamental accounting course examines new pronouncements set forth by the SEC, FASB, IASB, GASB, AICPA, and FASAB. Accounting expert Patricia Williams explains the pronouncements with clarity and in detail, so that even CPAs who don’t apply the information on a day-to-day basis will gain a general understanding. Pronouncements are listed by their issuing organizations, making them easy to reference. Each pronouncement includes a brief summary followed by a discussion of specific points.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the structure and activities of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Cite important concepts from Accounting Standards Updates (ASU) No. 2014-09 Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606).
- Identify the five steps of revenue recognition.
- Recognize accounting standards updates applicable to revenue recognition.
- Identify Accounting Standards Updates to FASB Accounting Standards Codification from January 2016 to December 2016.
- Identify Proposed Accounting Standards Updates to FASB Accounting Standards Codification from January 2016 to December 2016.
- Identify Accounting Standards Updates to FASB Accounting Standards Codification from January 2017 to July 2017.
- Identify Proposed Accounting Standards Updates to FASB Accounting Standards Codification from January 2017 to July 2017.
- Cite important concepts from the GASB Statements No. 80 through 87.
- Identify exposure drafts issued by the GASB.
- Cite important aspects related to Financial Reporting Framework of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs).
- Identify the chapters and scope of FRF for SMEs.
- Cite the recent Statements of the Federal Accounting Standard issued by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
- Identify recent exposure drafts issued by the FASAB.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top