No matter the size of your organization, having effective accounting procedures can help you maximize your time and minimize errors and losses. This course is designed to assist you by laying the groundwork for a system of procedures. Topics covered include the nature of procedures, such as why we need them and how many to develop, as well as how to construct and use these procedures. By the end of this course, you will understand what is required to create, maintain, and enforce a system of accounting procedures.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify when a business should create a procedure.
- Cite a situation where a flowchart is helpful.
- Identify a piece of information that every new release of procedures should inform recipients about.
- Cite the best procedure layout option.
- Choose an item that is not normally included in a credit review.
- Cite another use for a sales order and an item received from shipping by the billing clerk.
- Discuss why immediate cash application is important.
Back to top