The need for effective retirement planning has never been greater. This course is essential for those who wish to attain a comfortable retirement for themselves and their clients by maximizing tax saving strategies. You'll learn about the advantages and disadvantages of different types of plans, including qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, defined contribution plans, Roth IRAs, and traditional IRAs. Additional covered topics include retirement distributions, tax-free rollovers, and Roth IRA recharacterizations.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation plans, noting the major benefits of each, compensation base, advantages and disadvantages of corporate plans, and basic ERISA compliance provisions
- Identify the basic requirements of the three forms of qualified pension plans, noting the characteristics of each form and fundamental differences that require variations in the application of certain rules
- Recognize the types of corporate defined contribution and defined benefit plans, noting their requirements and their effect on retirement benefits
- Specify the rules and requirements for self-employed Keogh plans and individual IRA plans, noting the mechanics of each, contribution rates and limits, participation rules, limitations, and rollover rules
- Note the requirements for Simplified Pension Plans (SEPs) and Savings Incentive Match (SIMPLE) plans, including applicable contribution limits, distribution, and taxation
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top