Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly understand and implement tax reform changes and review IRS and Court actions affecting 2018 business tax returns. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous, presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated business tax topics easily understandable.
- Discuss business tax reform developments.
- Be able to inform your clients on the impact of tax reform.
- Enumerate planning ideas for business tax reform.
- Accurately prepare returns for business taxpayers.
- Convey details of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and current developments in 'Repeal and Replace.”
- Recognize opportunities to use business credits.
- Compare qualified Roth contribution plans, SEPs, SIMPLE IRAs, and 401(k) plans, identifying the rules on loans to participants and hardship distribution rules to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Discuss income subject to self-employment tax and withholding from wages and assess the impact of various withholding and wages issues.
- Determine the difference between an independent contractor and an employee and examine subsequent reporting requirements.
- Discuss C corporation cases and rulings.
- Discuss S corporation cases and rulings.
- Discuss partnership and LLC cases and rulings.
- Understand federal changes and new rulings for business tax returns.
- Provide tax services for clients based on IRS practice and procedure provisions.
- Describe new developments in IRS policies and procedures.
Back to top