Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly understand and implement individual tax reform changes and review IRS and Court actions affecting 2018 tax returns. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy,
often humorous, presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated individual tax topics easily understandable.
- What are the 50 most important individual Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2018 changes?
- Learn over 50 new individual tax planning ideas after tax reform!
- Will each of your clients pay more, or less, taxes after tax reform?
- Know how kiddie tax increases equal 10 times more tax in 2018. And most trust administrators have no idea!
- Does your client know how the increase in standard deduction will impact their tax return?
- When will the loss of personal exemptions increase your client's taxes?
- Will the family tax credit make up for the loss of the personal exemptions?
- Will the limit on the SALT deduction mean fewer of your clients will itemize?
- When will the changes to the mortgage interest deduction hurt homeowners?
- What happens when homeowners refinance acquisition debt after Dec. 15, 2017?
- What do homeowners do after the repeal of the home equity debt?
- When is it still possible to deduct interest on borrowing from one's home equity?
- How will your clients avoid the loss of his or her unreimbursed employee business expenses (Form 2106)? Help your client prepare an action plan!
- Who else loses with the loss of the 2% miscellaneous itemized deductions?
- When will AMT affect your clients?
- How does the change to tax-free exchanges affect your clients? Cost seg. studies are more important now! Learn why.
- Are investors hurt by tax reform? Not with proper planning!
- Are retirees hurt by tax reform? Probably.
- Are real estate rentals helped by tax reform? Some are!
- What do your divorcing clients, and divorce attorneys, do now that alimony isn't deductible or taxable for 2019?
- Learn the latest updates on ACA and 'Repeal and Replace' developments!
- How will the 20% capital gains tax +3.8% NII tax issues impact your clients?
- What are the latest charity audit issues?
- What are the credit rule changes?
- Is FBAR and FATCA reporting still important? You bet!
- What are the latest tax issues for online rentals?
- How does the IRS clarification on who is and isn't a real estate professional impact your clients?
- What are the latest estate and gift thresholds? Is estate planning still necessary?
- Your materials include 5 comprehensive examples that compare a client's 2017 tax to her or his 2018 taxes and six client letters on various parts of tax reform!
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the various individual tax reform provisions.
- Discuss notices and regulations from the IRS to implement tax reform.
- Explain to your clients how tax reform impacts their tax bill.
- Enumerate planning ideas for individual tax reform.
- Accurately prepare returns for individual taxpayers considering tax reform.
- Convey details of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and current developments in 'Repeal and Replace.'
- Understand and apply the various IRA and Roth IRA rules to properly utilize these vehicles for retirement and tax planning.
- Identify tax issues and apply regulations related to real estate and investment property.
- Identify top estate planning ideas for clients with small estates.
- Apply the many other individual tax changes applicable for 2018 returns (these will be updated throughout the year).
Back to top