Combining real-life experiences of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to-date tax changes. You'll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues. You'll also receive a digital PDF version that is hyperlinked to relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider deliver all the information you need related to IRAs and individual retirement planning, from the simplest to the most complex rulings.
Course highlights include the following:
- Roth IRA Recharacterization Repealed
- Plan Loan Rollover Dates Changed
- Hardship Withdrawal Rules Revised
- Inflation Adjustments Minimal for 2019
- Self-Directed IRAs Get More Attention from IRS
- DOL Proposing Changes to Form 5500
- Self-Certification for Missed 60-Day Rollovers Helps Confused Clients
- Prohibited Transactions Lose Taxpayer IRA Bankruptcy Protection
- Prohibited Transactions Make Rollover Taxable
- Collectibles are Prohibited Transactions
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite changes in tax law impacting IRAs and other retirement plans.
- Cite various thresholds and limitations provided for in the tax code.
- Identify aspects of tax law rules and requirements for various types of employer plans.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top