Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to-date tax changes. You'll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues. You'll also receive a digital PDF version that is hyperlinked to relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider cover the latest in payroll and self-employment tax—and much more.
Course highlights include the following:
- Wages Paid to Minor Children Can Help with QBI
- EIN Application Process Changes
- New Family Leave Credit Explained
- Information Return Penalties Increased
- 2019 Form W-4 Released
- DOL Says App-based Workers are Independent Contractors
- R&D Payroll Credit Explained
- Identity Theft Scams Hit Employers Hard
- ACA Can Cause Trouble for Household Employers
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Hard to Escape
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Cite the rules and regulations related to paying employment taxes for children working in the parents’ business.
- Cite the rules and regulations related to new provisions in the tax code for 2019 including changes in the EIN process, factors impacting the employer FMLA credit, penalties related to information returns, and W-2 filing changes.
- Cite various thresholds and limitations relating to payroll taxes and other employee benefits.
- Identify rules and regulation impacting domestic workers and statutory employees, the requirements of their employers, details of the Voluntary Classification Settlement Program (VCSP), and requirements for self-employment taxes.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top