With business returns as its focus, this comprehensive tax course covers topics guaranteed to prepare financial professionals for tax season. You’ll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by two renowned tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF reference manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated tax topics easily understandable.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply legislation changes to accounting periods and methods.
- Identify legislation changes surrounding gains and gain deferrals.
- Recognize the need for reporting cash transactions.
- Apply legislation changes to taxing medical cannabis.
- Differentiate types of income and determine which are included in gross income for federal tax purposes.
- Recognize the Cohan rule and what that means for the taxpayer.
- Apply legislation changes to entertainment expenses.
- Identify legislation changes to listed property.
- Understand the requirements surrounding per diem.
- Identify new legislation on business interest deductions.
- Identify the requirements for a bad debt deduction.
- Apply legislation changes to the home office deduction.
- Differentiate between deductible repairs and depreciable improvements and determine when to use which.
- Implement legislation changes to §179 and bonus depreciation.
- Detect issues surrounding hobby loss rules.
- Apply legislation changes to net operating losses.
- Identify legislation changes to start-up expenses.
- Apply legislation changes to business credits.
- Apply legislation changes to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the widespread effects.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top