Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to-date tax changes. You'll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues. You'll also receive a digital PDF version that is hyperlinked to relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider cover the latest tax legislation, cases, and regulations related the IRS practice and procedures.
Chapter highlights include the following:
- Due Diligence Requirements in 2018
- Transcript Changed
- Passport Application and Renewal Stopped for Seriously Delinquent Taxpayers
- Budget Cuts Mean Fewer Audits and Fewer Collection Officers
- Top 10 Most Litigated Tax Issues Last Year
- What to Do When Identity Theft Happens to Your Client
- Warning on New Phishing and Phone Scams Aimed at Preparers
- Calling the IRS? They Require Client Verification over the Phone
- How to Reduce Amount When IRS Reconstructs Income Using Bank Deposit Method
- When Innocent Spouse Relief Can Be Used
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the additional due diligence requirements added in 2018.
- Review the changes to IRS transcripts and discover how a tax delinquency impacts passport holder.
- Recognize recent activity at the IRS and the top 10 most litigated tax issues.
- Develop a plan to address taxpayer identity theft.
- Identify when Innocent Spouse Relief can be used.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top