This comprehensive course, written and presented by Sharon Kreider and Karen Brosi, is the first fully integrated tax program in the industry. We'll compare and contrast federal and California issues side-by-side while providing answers to all your tax questions. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date printed manual, plus a digital reference manual conveniently hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code. You'll learn about recent and potential tax changes, individual and business return preparation, real estate, retirement plans, estate and gift taxation, passive losses, IRS audit issues, and federal payroll changes.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Identify provisions expiring and provisions extended or made permanent.
- Identify the impact of TCJA on various tax elements.
- Recognize the impacts of TCJA on taxpayers.
- Cite the taxability of various items of income and the updated limits and thresholds related to Social Security, jury awards, and other areas of specialized income and plans.
- Identify the impact of TCJA on taxpayers and their returns.
- Cite relevant rules and regulations, threshold amounts, and other issues impacting the accuracy of taxpayer returns.
- Identify areas of conformity and nonconformity for California taxpayers.
- Recognize issues related to California taxpayers.
- Cite the relevant definitions and code sections related to the qualified business income deduction.
- Identify the components of the QBI deduction formula and various threshold tests and apply them to client situations.
- Identify changes impacting taxpayers for tax year 2018.
- Recognize changes in various sections of the tax code as a result of TCJA.
- Cite relevant thresholds, code sections, deadlines, and other critical components of accurately reporting income and filing tax returns.
- Identify new updates and changes as a result of legislation, court cases, and other sources which must be applied in preparing tax returns for 2018.
- Cite relevant rules and regulations for sole proprietorship, LLC, S Corp, and C Corp entities and apply them in taxpayer situations.
- Identify tax items which are unique to California taxpayers.
- Differentiate between federal tax elements for which California conforms and does not conform.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top