Congress and the President's historic changes to the US Tax Code are now law. This extensive legislation has profound effects on businesses and individuals alike and has prompted a flood of tax-related questions. Tax professionals need to be ready now to address clients' tax concerns and provide accurate, up-to-date tax planning advice going forward.
Join Western CPE's renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider as they navigate the most pressing and complex aspects of the law. This Seminar is a must for any tax professional looking to become familiar with the key provisions of the biggest tax reform in 30 years.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine the basics of the new tax reform law (Tax Cut & Jobs Act or TCJA).
- Identify the new individual and business tax rates.
- Cite the changes to various categories of itemized deductions.
- Recall the complexities of the Qualified Business Income deduction and determine how it replaces corporate AMT.
- Indicate the impact of the tax law on methods of accounting.
- Recognize how the new tax law requires stock options to be treated (section 83(i)).
Back to top