Combining real-life experiences of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to-date tax changes. You'll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues. You'll also receive a digital PDF version that is hyperlinked to relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider deliver all the information you need related to IRAs and individual retirement planning, from the simplest to the most complex rulings.
Course highlights include the following:
- Minimal IRA inflation adjustments for 2016 and 2017
- Increased attention from IRS toward self-directed IRAs
- Prohibited transactions resulting in taxable rollover
- Loss of IRA bankruptcy protection for prohibited transactions
- Skyrocketing of letter ruling fee
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the various rules regarding IRAs, Roth IRAs, 'myRA,' and other retirement plans, and determine how these rules are used for retirement and tax planning.
- Identify the consideration inherent in various benefit plans and the taxation issues.
- Recall the rules and exceptions under the DOL's fiduciary rule.
- Recognize how to advise your client on various rules and regulation related to retirement plans such as filing requirements, nondiscrimination, the qualified rollover rules, and other matters impacting retirement plans.
- Determine whether the minimum distribution requirements are being met for your clients.
- Identify how to avoid the 10% early withdrawal penalty.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top