Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly grasp recent tax changes. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code, tax court decisions, and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated tax topics easily understandable. Specific course topics will be announced and updated through year-end.
- Updates on the latest business tax reform proposals
- An expensive twist to hobby loss rules
- Taxing medical marijuana
- Deducting cell phone expenses
- Writing off building improvements
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite recent tax developments relating to businesses and identify the hobby rules under §183(b).
- Recognize general business tax matters, including accounting periods and methods and gross income topics.
- Identify other trade or business expense rules and changes, including automobile expenses and travel expenses.
- Identify the office-in-home requirements.
- Recall the final regulations for tangible property, materials and supplies, and repairs versus improvements, and partial dispositions.
- Recognize the rules for depreciation, farms, NOLs, start-up expensed, domestic production activities deduction, and business credits.
- Cite the employer mandates under the Affordable Care Act, including the rules for determining full-time employee equivalents.
- Recognize the penalties for noncompliance with the ACA for large employers and the reporting requirements under the ACA.
- Note the small business health care tax credit.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top