Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials, this authoritative self-study course will provide you with the most recent and up-to-date tax changes. You'll receive answers to your tax questions in an accessible, easy-to-read manual of the latest federal legislative issues. You'll also receive a digital PDF version that is hyperlinked to relevant sections of the Internal Revenue Code. Renowned tax experts Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider cover the often-confusing world of IRS practices and procedures. The course summarizes all relevant tax legislation, cases, and regulations; examines the resulting impact; and discusses strategic tax-planning opportunities.
Course highlights include the following:
- New due diligence requirements in 2017
- New PTIN features
- What to do when identity theft happens to your client
- Extreme increase in letter ruling fees
- Budget cuts resulting in fewer audits and fewer collection officers
- New PayNearMe—pay IRS with cash
- New procedures for getting transcripts online
- Most appeals conducted by phone, not in-person
- Increased flexibility in offer-in-compromise program and options
- Streamlined procedures available for some innocent spouses
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the current changes in IRS practice and procedures, including identity theft and phone scams, and procedures for dealing with the IRS.
- Identify examinations, taxpayer enforcement issues, and other IRS practice and procedure provisions.
- Identify the innocent spouse relief provisions under §6015.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top