With individual returns as its focus, this comprehensive course covers an overview of key issues facing tax preparers this year. Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials and a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly grasp recent tax changes. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax expert, Vern Hoven. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated tax topics easily understandable. Specific course topics will be announced and updated through year-end.
- An overview of the individual tax return
- The most intriguing 2017 court decisions on divorce and alimony
- Charitable contributions
- Education credits
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the tax law changes and extensions provided in court cases and in legislation.
- Recognize important administrative tax issues related to filing status and personal and dependency exemptions.
- Cite issues related to capital gains and dividends, social security payments, and other gross income items and adjustments to gross income.
- Identify the tax laws related to the standard deduction and itemized deductions.
- Identify net investment income for the 3.8% Medicare tax.
- Recognize the requirements and calculations of the alternative minimum tax, the kiddie tax, and various tax credits.
- Cite the framework and compliance issues required for individuals and businesses by the Affordable Care Act.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top