This comprehensive course, presented by Sharon Kreider and Karen Brosi, is the first fully integrated tax program in the industry. Compare and contrast federal and California issues side-by-side while obtaining answers to all your tax questions. You'll learn about recent and potential tax changes, individual and business return preparation, real estate, retirement plans, estate and gift taxation, passive losses, IRS audit issues, and federal payroll changes.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss tax issues in the repeal and replacement of the ACA for businesses.
- Convey details of the Trump tax reform proposals for businesses.
- Recognize opportunities to use business credits.
- Determine the difference between an independent contractor and an employee and examine subsequent reporting requirements.
- Prepare federal tax returns for C and S corporations.
- Prepare federal tax returns for partnerships and LLCs
- Identify new filing requirements for California.
- Identify important filing issues experienced by California taxpayers.
- Identify areas of conformity and nonconformity between California tax law and the federal tax code.
- Cite the role of health savings accounts with California taxpayers.
- Recognize California's reinstated net operating losses (NOLs).
- Identify tax credits available to California taxpayers.
- Identify the difference between residents and nonresidents in relation to California income tax.
- Recognize the collections process of the California FTB.
- Identify relevant updates related to California payroll taxes.
- Identify relevant updates to California sales taxes.
- Recognize updates to California property taxes.
Back to top