Combining the real-life experience of a practicing CPA/EA with essential down-to-earth tax materials in a high-tech format, this powerful presentation will enable participants to quickly grasp recent tax changes. You'll receive the most complete and up-to-date reference manual, written by renowned tax experts, Vern Hoven and Sharon Kreider. The digital PDF manual is hyperlinked to the Internal Revenue Code and other primary authorities, making it extremely convenient. Join us as our world-class tax instructors share cutting-edge tax planning strategies in a high energy, often humorous presentation style using real-life experiences, which make complicated tax topics easily understandable. Specific course topics will be announced and updated through year-end.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Convey details of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Recognize opportunities to use business credits.
- Summarize the different types of business retirement plans, assessing contribution limits, elective deferral limitations, and prohibited transactions.
- Compare qualified Roth contribution plans, SEPs, SIMPLE IRAs, and 401(k) plans, identifying the rules on loans to participants and hardship distribution rules to ensure compliance with tax regulations.
- Discuss income subject to self-employment tax and withholding from wages, and assess the impact of various withholding and wages issues.
- Determine the difference between an independent contractor and an employee and examine subsequent reporting requirements.
- Prepare federal tax returns for C corporations.
- Prepare federal tax returns for S corporations.
- Understand federal changes and new rulings.
- Provide tax services for clients based on IRS practice and procedure provisions.
- Describe new developments in IRS policies and procedures.
- Identify the requirements of filing an offer in compromise (OIC).
Back to top