Finding and utilizing solid information on new IRS pronouncements, procedures, and ethical guidelines is more challenging (and more rewarding) than merely staying current on ruling and regulation developments. As many practitioners know, relying on the short-staffed IRS for assistance in 2016 can be frustrating.
This course is designed to fill that information gap and give an edge to those practitioners willing to go the extra mile for their clients. Stuart Sobel, an IRS expert with 49 years of unique tax experience, will help you to stay current, reduce wasted time, and diminish stress in your tax practice. Topics covered include:
- How to research the Internal Revenue Manual
- Significant changes to IRS Circular 230 and the status of legislation such as the Wyden/Hatch Bill
- IRS Examination program new developments - changes in examination targets
- Offers in compromise, installment agreements, and other collection actions
- IRS reductions in taxpayer service
- IRS penalties - preparing Forms 8275 and avoiding penalties
- Major IRS problems identified by IRS advisory group and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- Offshore voluntary initiative and hot international tax issues
- New IRS tools and resources that save valuable time
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Cite the issues affecting the IRS in 2015 and 2016, including the proposed regulation for tax preparers.
- Recognize the provisions of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015, especially the rights given to taxpayers under this law and identify the changes to the IRS taxpayer services for 2015 and 2016.
- Identify the formation of a nonprofit and the application process for obtaining tax-exempt status.
- Cite the process for applying for an offer in compromise (OIC) and best practices for handling correspondence audits.
Choose Your Preferred Format
Get immediate access to a robust collection of learning and reference materials, allowing you to dive deep into the information you need. Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts who focus on helping you grasp concepts quickly using real-life examples. Download your CPE to any device, and take it with you so you can learn when and wherever you want. Complete your CPE with an online exam, and enjoy instant grading with the option to print your certificate immediately upon passing.
Our self-study materials are authored by top-quality, industry experts. You’ll receive a bound notebook of all the course materials, shipped to you within one business day. In addition, you’ll also have full online access. Each self-study package includes a robust collection of learning and reference materials to help you cover the information efficiently and put it into practice immediately.
Experience high-quality instruction with our Self-Study Videos, available to you 24/7. With more than 80+ videos currently in the Western CPE Self-Study Video library, you can see and hear our expert instructors deliver the information you need in a dynamic way that allows you to immediately apply your learning. Unlike a live course or webcast, you can complete the course on your own time, playing and pausing as needed. Self-Study Videos allow you to complete your CPE requirements on your own time.
Back to top