Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Chapter 1
- List the six guiding principles in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Explain the difference between the principles and the rules.
- Discuss how to apply the rules to specific actions common to the CPA community.
- Chapter 2
- Discuss how rule interpretations apply to the rules themselves.
- Discuss the interpretations as they apply to your practice as a CPA.
- Discuss how you would apply the interpretations in a variety of specific circumstances.
- Describe the difference between principles, rules, and interpretations.
- Chapter 3
- Identify the Oregon Board of Accountancy Administrative Rules.
- Apply the Board rules to your practice situation.
- Chapter 4
- Discuss AICPA guidance for Management Accountants.
- Identify ethical guidance promulgated by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Compare and contrast the guidance issued by IMA and the AICPA.